Favourite quote

What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived.
It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.
- Nelson Mandela

Sunday, December 4, 2016

Hectic Summer started

Last weekend started with a bang as a 20 year old boy racer from up the street drifted sideways in his new car, past my house and through the neighbours fence. I know most of the people in my street and I spent Sunday with him rebuilding the fence as his dad was out of town and he had no idea how to re-build it. He had about 5 different stories as to why it wasn't his fault

This weekend, with money being allocated to Christmas, meant apart from a coffee and picking up essential stuff, which went over budget, left me with only gardening and mounting a large bird house to fill my time.

 

Local Saturday craft & produce market

Back yard looking better with more colourful plants

Front yard, lovely spot for a relaxing beer in this heat


My helpful little cat
Earthquake photos from NZ that you may have already seen.
The New Zealand Herald has recently also put on line a 3D graphic display from AUT geological department - very cool.

No comments: