Favourite quote

What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived.
It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.
- Nelson Mandela

Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Found Paradise

In Queenstown & Wanaka, New Zealand.



















First I'd like to thank Eurocar car rentals for not having the cheap city car I rented and upgrading me to a Toyota Prado 4x4. Scared the heck out of me for the first hour as it took up a lot of road space, but now think I would buy such a great car if such things were good for the enviourment. Temperature for most of our time there was 27-31 C, unusually hot for their summer especially as it's known as a ski resort area.


We stayed with a cool hard working chinese couple who have made NZ their home, we rented one of their rooms while we toured the area.
As my wife didn't want me out in girl mode, I only took a pink top with me but luckily she had bras & skirts etc, so my mornings were relaxing around their kitchen making wife & myself breakfast before anyone woke up.


 


This shot was taken by my wife, she was paranoid about someone seeing, so it was a quick change in the car, photo specially for you (to prove I was there), and back to male mode.
I didn't really mind as I've not really been in a girl state of mind since mid January and looking at my hair, think it's time for a number 4 hair cut.



1 comment:

Tia C.D. said...

Sounds about the right summer temps for QT and Wanaka, it can get very hot in Central Otago during the summer, despite the altitude and being ski towns