Favourite quote

What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived.
It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.
- Nelson Mandela

Monday, March 20, 2017

NZ transgender weightlifter creates history

New Zealand transgender woman takes the weight lifting competition from genetic females, with record breaking (for women) lift.
Now don't get me wrong, I do like the fact she is pushing the boundaries for the transgender people of the world, but to take it in to women's sports is just...
WRONG

And here is my thinking on it.......

Sports scientist and exercise physiologist Dr Simon Sostaric said if an athlete is transitioning in their 20s or early 30s, "They've already had the benefits of higher levels of testosterone than a female and you're not going to lose that muscle mass in a hurry."

Anyway - just wrong - have you ever seen the NY Giants playing seriously against an under 12 team - No because some thing are just ridiculously unequal.

                      **********************************************
That's my rant, feeling better now protecting the rights of women in the world.

So last week, I had to do temporary roof repairs and carry 120 liters of water out of my basement.
This week has been stinking hot.

Dog got sick and had an expensive operation
I've almost finished my daughters car bonnet & boot repaint


Finally had girl time this morning, coffee and read the newspaper. Wife doesn't like that I often still have trace particles of make up on when i get home, so today I just had lipstick on (and a blue stubble chin even though I shaved 30 minutes earlier - probably scared the heck out of everyone, but they were all really nice anyway)

No comments: