Favourite quote

What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived.
It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.
- Nelson Mandela

Sunday, April 30, 2017

Slow week

Unfortunately with Miss 18's university bill, and still working on the vets bill, means it's a slow and un-eventful week.
Having said that, the main excitement is that I've removed the state-of-art (1996 version) radio with the 6 cd boot changer from my daughter car and re-loomed the wiring for the new Bluetooth, SD, USB radio that is under $100 and the cool part when it arrives tomorrow, is that it will also pick up New Zealand radio frequencies (something the European Clarion system didn't do).
I've also put another gloss coat on her car bonnet then did a nice sand and cut the next day, before it became too hard, looks like show room quality now.

The girlish side of my life,
I really couldn't be bothered with wigs or make up, but still...
Walked the dog, said "hi" to a few other dog walkers.













Visited the vets to make a payment on the dogs bill, had a fun chat to the staff as she had her days confused after Tuesdays ANZAC public holiday.












Going out, without wigs or make up, means we feel like we're "safe", we live in a good environment and I suppose that's just how I've been feeling lately.

Thank god for weekends, finally managed to get fully dressed (after getting a bit nutty about not enough girl time), "borrowed miss 19's hand bag and got out for a relaxing breakfast.


After breakfast, I got back home to find my wife still asleep (9 am), so I made her a coffee and peanut butter on toast, then laid next to her. 
When she woke she saw me with my make up on and frizzy hair and laughed as I reminded her of the Mad Hatter as we watched "Alice through the looking glass" last night. I laughed and reminded her I'm not mad, just a smidgen crazy.

No comments: