Favourite quote

What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived.
It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.
- Nelson Mandela

Saturday, July 22, 2017

Going mad

Okay, so I haven't been able to get out for a while and it's driving me mad.
Actually yesterday, I found out I'm the only male I know who is still sane - all the others are on "Meds" for depression.
So I'm sane - but a smidgen mad.
Previous post showed the hail and it's been raining ever since, add that to the fact I had a bad cold (man flue), then last weekend every time I opened an App, the hard drive would spin up and after 50 minutes I still wasn't getting the full front page. Time for a computer rebuild and I have only just got all my Apps back and running.
Did you know when you move emails to folders, they drop off the server - me bad, so many emails & contacts lost.

TODAY
Finally some girl time. I was going to go out this morning, but wife had me making some planet boxes for her. She did allow me out around 3 pm, so I got dressed pretty and she made the son-in-law bugger off so I could leave the house without him seeing me.
I headed straight to the Auckland museum to check out the 2016 wildlife photographers expo.
The place was packed (probably only dry venue when it's raining), especially in the photo expo area.
The photos were so great, I'm keen again to get my DSLR back out to play with.
 

 

 

 


The place was so busy, that when I went to the coffee shop, the staff advised me their was a 25 minute wait for coffee.









So I decided to go to McDonalds for coffee. it was their 5 pm peak period, with nearly every table occupied, but it still only took them 3 minutes to make my coffee.
 

Now for those that know me, as usual when wearing lose skirts or dresses, I don't wear underpants/undies/nickers, and the 3 hours out today was no exception. It's so great to walk around feeling free.




No comments: