Favourite quote

What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived.
It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.
- Nelson Mandela

Monday, October 30, 2017

Building Consent issued

For those that haven't read my earlier posts, I CAD up a new major renovation project for my house, submitted insulation resistances, light and ventilation calcs, weather tightness drawings plumbing & drainage drawings to name a few. I remember back in the 70's when my dad did great drawing for a shed, the finished lean to didn't look anything like the drawings - dreams are free, timber & bricks aren't.
Anyway, having consent has increased the excitement for my wife, who has had me view a dozen different show rooms this weekend looking at tiles, taps, showers and all the other nick nacks. Her new revised estimate only has us $2K short - lets hope I can save a bit on the build.

Did I mention that yet again, while I was in Australia, my house had another plumbing failure - always happens when I'm in Australia. This time it was underground and I had to open a few walls to bypass the leak. I'm planning to re-do the dry wall (gib board in NZ) as I need better water proofing during the renovations, so the new holes can wait a bit.

All this stress means I need to get out more - well that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.
Please excuse the top, it was free, so why not enjoy it
 



Did I mention my kids had a party, that finished at 3 am and left me picking up about 60 tins and bottles off the garden.
Can you tell I only had 3 hours sleep?
Luckily their empties only 1/2 filled my recycling bin as I remember a 21st that overflowed the bin.

No comments: