Favourite quote

What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived.
It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.
- Nelson Mandela

Sunday, December 31, 2017

Holidays

Been a wonderful week weather wise.
So much so that I've had to break out the summer dresses.
 

Starting the day with a coffee and a beach stroll.

Sunday 31st December - last day of the year.

So I had forewarned my dear wife that Sunday the 31st was going to be a Rachel day.
Well it turned out to be a morning outing.
I was in need to feel the wind blowing through my wig and what better than a boat ride to the city.

Of course I had brunch in the city, helped out some tourists who were looking for the Waiheke ferry (one of our most scenic islands in the harbour, with lots of vine yards, wine tasting tours). Chatted to a young family on the boat ride back home.

Generally, just an amazingly good day out, relaxed to the max until.........
I got home and spent the rest of the day removing a structural wall, re-calc'd the load and prep'd for a new beam to slot in.
Sledge hammers are also fun, but not as much.



 

 

 

 

Hope you have a great New Year's eve, see you in 2018

Love from Rachel.

No comments: